Indoor Air Quality
How clean is the air inside your home?
When you breathe in the air in your home, you may be breathing in more than you know. Approximately 87% of American homeowners are unaware of indoor air pollution. Our indoor air facts may surprise you.
Did you know?
- In general, indoor air is four to five times more polluted than outdoor air
- According to a study by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, indoor air contaminants are responsible for or aggravate half of all illnesses
- It is recommended we drink approximately two quarts of clean water each day. By comparison, we inhale approximately 15,000 quarts of air each day
Children especially at risk
- More than 15 million Americans are estimated to have asthma, including one in 13 school-age children
- Because they breathe faster than adults, children inhale 50 percent more air per pound of body weight than adults and are especially sensitive to air quality problems
Poor indoor air quality negatively affects the health of more than 15 million Americans who have asthma and the 28 million who suffer from hay fever and other allergies.
Contact Pullen Air Conditioning to learn more about your Indoor Air Quality and how we can help.